Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Hey It's the Winter Olymp...ah I Already Don't Care.

So it's the Olympics, hold on don't faint from excitement just yet, it's the Winter Olympics!

That time of year when we all gather 'round the hearth and debate what best describes curling. Is it horse shoes meets shuffle board? Bocce with some lawn darts mixed in? Or maybe the combination of bocce-lawn darts-and marbles? Tough call.

In a related story: I had no idea Rascal Flatts was a group made up of a bunch of fat middle aged guys. I always just assumed because all of their fans were women and gay men and because they're music sucked that they were young good looking guys. Well, you know what they say about people who make assumptions...

Also, and completely unrelated, Rage Against the Machine is playing on my computer right now. I definitely like some of their songs, but I don't know if I would go as far to say they are a "good" band. They have a pretty strong case of the AC/DC "All our songs sound exactly the same" Disease and I find most of the "political" statements in their songs to be mostly devoid of constructive solutions and bordering on anarchism (which I tend to not support). But then they have some very rocking songs, specifically most of the songs on their first album.

So I pose the questions: Are a few very solid songs enough to raise a band above the rest of their musical mediocrity? And also, what is curling to you? Besides the #1 reason no one is watching the USA network this week.

Oh wait, the one guy wears his hair like The Situation, I see the appeal now.

No comments: