Monday, February 22, 2010

Oscar Week, "Hi my name is Kristen Stewart. I wish I was a boy."

Hey it's Oscar week. No other time of year do you see better montages of movies than at the Academy Awards.

I have seen very few of the TEN movies nominated for best picture this year, and I haven't seen any of the ones favored to win (Up in the Air, Avatar, and The Hurt Locker). In fact, the only two I have seen, Inglorious Basterds and District 9, I didn't particularly like that much.

Basterds was alright. The acting in it is mostly good and there is some great Tarantino dialogue. But I felt that it was a little slow and had a very uneven mood. It felt to me like Tarantino didn't know if he wanted to make an action, black comedy, drama, or suspense film. So what we ended up getting was a muddled movie that wasn't really a clear anything.

Then there is District 9. I'm not going to go into the details (I'll save that for Wednesday) but lets just say I've seen better movies.

Now on to something else that has been bothering me.

Kristen Stewart. What the hell is her problem?

What are you doing here? Are you trying to look like a 14 year old boy? If so, succeeding admirably.

Alright, I get it. You want to be punk rock. You're an emo chick. But there are plenty of chicks out there that still manage to look hot while brooding.

I know you can do it. I've seened it!

See!

No comments: