Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Harness the Power of Dinosaurs

When I was a kid I used to really like going to visit my cousin's on my mom's side of the family. Part of the reason was because most of my cousins on my mom's side are boys and relatively close in age to myself. And part of the reason was because one of my cousins had the coolest toys in the history of action figures. These toys were the perfect blend of a young American boy's favorite things. They were opitome of cool. They were Dino-Riders.

For those who don't know, Dino-Riders was a short lived animated series about People and Aliens who used Dinosaurs like tanks and were always thinking on new and zany ways to try and best one another. But really, it was a show about the toys. The entire reason the show even came into existence was to promote the toys. And oh man were those toys cool. Even watching the videos of the episodes now on youtube I want to get me some of those toys.

I had the day off from work today. I haven't gotten anything useful done all day, unless you count this as being useful. Yankees are on right now and losing, again. Not worried about it, but it would be nice to see them do something positive. One of my favorite movies from my early adolescence is on right now: Jurassic Park.

Jurassic Park may be the most quotable action adventure since the good Star Wars trilogy. Although he wasn't a star of the movie the best character is by far the Raptor dude, Muldoon. He totally makes up for the stupid old man running the park and his annoying little grand kids. No matter what is coming out of the guy's mouth the general message is always the same: "I am so totally awesome."
Who can forget classic lines like:
"They should all be destroyed."
or,
"I think this was Gennaro."
or,
"Clever Girl..."
or how about the all-time classic,
"Shoooot Heerr!"

And the part where he drives the jeep and escapes from the T-rex. He doesn't actually say anything but he makes this awesome face that is all like, "Suck it, Mr. T-Rex."
Its too bad he gets killed in the movie, but he survives in the book, so I think he comes out ahead.

Well, I thought I had something else to write at least loosely related to this topic, but I guess I don't 'cause I can't remember anything. The credits are rolling on the movie now, so I guess it's time I say goodbye for the night. I used to love the music to this movie when I was a kid. Technically, the first music CD I ever owned was the score to Jurassic Park. The only thing I don't get is why is B.D. Wong's name so high up on the cast list? He is in the movie for like 2 minutes, has 5 lines, and is a totally insignificant character. Just one of life's great mysteries, I suppose.

Be Back Soon,
Kevin H. MacLean

P.S. I didn't want to put this up top before because I wanted to give Muldoon his due attention but this is my imitation of "Timmy" (A name I always thought sounded weak) from JP, "Oh look at me, I climbed all the way over a giant electric fence but instead of climbing down I'm gonna freak out like a little girl and just sit here while 60,000 volts of electricity jolt through my body. But don't worry, I'll fly off this fence in a perfectly choreographed fall and miraculously survive not only an electric shock 40 times what is considered a fatal amount but also a fall from about 25 feet with no serious injuries to speak of."
What a bizratch.

No comments: