Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Ice Breakers

I hate Michael Kay.
For those who don't know, Michael Kay is a broadcaster and radio personality who works for the New York Yankees. The two main things about Mike I can't stand are, one, he always announces games in such a way that would suggest the people watching don't know the first thing about baseball, and two, he is a Met fan. At least he was when he was in college, one of my uncles knew him. Have some personal integrity, Michael.

So that's two things you now know about me. I love the Yankees and I think Michael Kay is patronizing liar. I also love baseball in general, but you wouldn't necessarily know that from the above.

Last night I tried to fill out all the personal stuff on this blog about myself. I got about halfway through and I hated everything I was writing so I decided to stop and do the rest in blog posts where I am free to ramble as I please between writing about how I use Old Spice body spray and my favorite junk food is Cheese Doodlez Cheese Puffs.

I love sports and music. I love playing just about any sport (except tennis because I'm horrible at it) and my favorite sports teams are The Yankees, Green Bay, and Real Madrid. I also support Providence College (because I went there) and UCONN (because I grew up there) for college sports. With music I listen to lot of things and blah, blah, blah, the same thing everyone else says about their taste in music. I can play guitar, harmoica, and the piano. I play the guitar and harmonica well. I also am a good singer and songwriter. For a while I considered music as a career but I haven't focused on it now for a long time.

I write freelance for an online magazine called primermagazine.com. It's not bad, if you like my writing you can check me out there as well. Buffalo wings are argueably my favorite food and my favorite wings continue to be the very first buffalo wings I ever tried.
I don't hate my job, but I don't love it much either.

I started this blog as another step in trying to lift myself out of the muck and obscruity of faceless, jobless, writers.
I would've liked to of said something else about that last bit, but nothing really comes to mind.

I love the line in the movie Network when Peter Finch's character says, "Because, less than three percent of you read books!" Peter Finch was the last person to win an Oscar posthumonously before Heath Ledger, in case you didn't know.

I love movies. One day, I'm going to make a lot of money writing movies. I don't know that for sure, but I'm still young enough where I can say it and be relatively confident that it'll happen. Network is the sort of movie I wish I wrote. My favorite movie is a tie between Raiders of the Lost Ark and American Beauty.

One of these days, I'm going to be someone that people are going to want to know what I have to say just because of who I am. That day won't be tomorrow and it probably won't be a year from now. But it's around somewhere down the road and I don't mind waiting.


Be back soon,
-Kevin H. MacLean

No comments: